Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Our Family of Five


Arden Frances Cearley arrived on December 27, 2007, after a frantic trip to the hospital where I arrived fully dilated! Stuart drove like a professional stuntman, and I seriously thought she was going to be born in the car. My third labor progressed very quickly, as I didn't desire natural childbirth (I was wheeled in to the labor room screaming for my epidural!). Arden weighed in at 6 lbs, 15 oz, and she has been such a blessing to our family already! She looks a lot like her brothers when they were her age; some days she is the spitting image of Owen, yet other times she looks like Hudson. She definitely has Owen's blue/green eyes, and she has copper colored hair so far. All the Cearley family members are hoping that her hair will stay red, as she would be the only grandchild with red hair to carry on the tradition from Stuart's side. She has been a really good baby so far; we are just now getting to the point where she is close to sleeping through the night, so that is good! She loves to swing and watch her brothers play. Hudson calls her "Arden Princess" (instead of Frances) and thinks that is her name! I'm enjoying having a girl, but so far, she hasn't been much different from the boys as infants. I'm sure the "girly" stuff will become more apparent when she starts playing and talking! I'm looking forward to buying her the Barbie Dream House that I never got as a child . . . I wonder if I will play with it even more than she will!

No comments: