Monday, December 13, 2010

Top Ten




It's been so long since my last post, and if you know me well, then you are probably my friend on Facebook where I do a lot better at posting since it can just be one random sentence! As the holidays approached, things got so busy, and posting just couldn't get to the top of my long list!

So, here are the TOP TEN things I can think of that have been highlights of the past six weeks:

10. Hudson won the handwriting of the week award (believe me, it's a BIG deal!)
9. We went to Branson the weekend before Thanksgiving to see the Christmas shows and lights. I soon realized that I'm not one for 90 minute waits for shows when it is freezing,plus Arden was getting sick (see #5 below)
8. Owen participated in a school book club for 4th graders over The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
7. Stuart shopped like a crazy person on Black Friday and went to both the midnight and 4 a.m. sales! I slept in!
6. Hudson went ice skating for the first time at a birthday party which was held at the new outdoor skating rink
5. Arden got a double ear infection 1 1/2 weeks ago, and she was such a trooper that I didn't take her to the doctor until it was apparently pretty bad, so I felt terrible.
4. My students at school collected gifts for 3 siblings for Christmas and purchased coats, jeans, shirts, shoes, and toys for each child. It was amazing to see their generosity!
3. I attended the fabulous "I Get 2 Give" event at our church where you win gifts that you then give to someone else. It was a lot of fun.
2. I have Arden's crib mattress and crib bedding for sale on Craigslist and (finally) plan to move her to a twin bed over Christmas break.
1. Both boys were in the Bentonville Christmas parade (Hudson with Cub Scouts and Owen played in the Swamp Band for his school and marched). I got to ride the float with Hudson and wave at the people! It was sort of like my dreams of fame from my childhood, even though I was sitting on a haybale and wasn't wearing a crown!

Have a wonderful week! I'll post more and add pics once school is out -- only four more days!!! Whooo hooo!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Yay for a new post! I have been so behind on blogging. Have a Merry Christmas!