We arrived on Monday night . . . very late. We stayed in Stuart's rental house which was furnished for the first two nights. The movers unloaded all day on Tuesday, and we haven't found any significant damage to anything so far. We were pleased with our movers and felt they worked hard and did a good job.
The move has been the hardest one physically that I've had yet. It is so much more work to move with three kids (vs. just one child the last time we moved). With a 12 month old, it is hard to get much unpacking done since she is underfoot and clingy a lot. I'm used to furiously unpacking and seeing some semblance of order in a few days, but not so this time. We had a huge semi-truck of belongings delivered, and we are still trying to locate missing boxes in the mass of clutter in the garage.
Nothing is decorated yet or even completely unpacked, and it is driving me crazy, as clutter makes me stressed out. I can't relax yet or feel at home until I have everything in its place. It is making me edgy, so please pray for patience as we get through the next few weeks of unpacking.
The house has its pros and cons. We like the layout and the floor plan. The neighborhood has seemed quiet so far, and the boys enjoyed playing on the neighborhood playground yesterday when it actually got all the way up to 70 degrees! That was a nice treat after a lot of cold weather.
I'm adjusting to living in a pre-owned home after being spoiled by having lived in brand new construction in my previous two houses. It's not perfect, and the previous owners had a different definition of "clean" than I do, so I've gone through about six Mr. Clean Magic Erasers so far! I have a handyman coming over this week to begin to work on my "punch list" of projects for the house which involve minor repairs and some painting and woodworking projects (the old owners had a dog that ate woodwork).
We attended church this morning at Grace Point and just love it. The people we've met are very nice and friendly. The kids are adjusting well so far, and Owen begins his new school tomorrow. Please pray for an easy transition for him.
I'll update again soon . . . with pictures!






1 comment:
Oh, Michelle, I will definitely be praying for Owen tomorrow! A very anxious day for him, I'm sure. (And mom and dad, too!) I understand all too well about the mass boxes and inability to locate things. I hope this week you are able to declutter and relax a bit.
Post a Comment