Monday, December 22, 2008

Crazy Days!

My great idea of Christmas shopping without any kids last week came to a screeching halt when the local schools closed for TWO DAYS due to a mild ice storm! It was quite crazy because on the second day, all the streets were clear and dry. Everyone I know was frustrated that school was still out. I finally went shopping with Arden on Friday morning, and Stuart is still wrapping up buying kids' gifts today (yes, three days before Christmas!).

On top of that, Arden has now gotten another bad cold with yucky nose and crankiness. She has also had a really bad diaper rash for almost two weeks now, so I am taking her to the pediatrician today to get that checked. The boys have never had one that wouldn't clear up, and hers is pretty bad. From what I've read, it might have turned into a yeast rash that needs medical treatment. I hope we can get her feeling better before we travel for Christmas on December 24.

We closed on the Cabot house today and are in the midst of taking everything off the walls and doing touch-up painting, etc. It will be a crazy remaining six days to get everything loaded up, but we are excited that the end is near!

Keep us in your prayers, and please pray that Arden gets better and no one else gets sick this week!

P.S. I must make sure I dress Arden in more pink because she has been mistaken for a boy three different times this week when I've had her out!

2 comments:

Alli said...

I am glad the closing of the Cabot house went through. We are looking forward to a vist to Bentonville.

Cari said...

Hey Michelle! I've been thinking about you and Stuart a lot lately. I pray things are transitioning smoothly and everyone is adjusting to the new surroundings. Can't wait to hear about the big move and the settling in process. Oh, and pictures! I want to see pictures!