We are getting down to the final 14 days before out big move! It has been pretty busy, as I just finished my semester at the college (where I'm an adjunct instructor of Comp I) on Friday and entered my last grades this weekend. Last week was a blur of trying to grade final exam essays every night after the kids were in bed, while dealing with title companies and packing during the days!
This next week, I intend to shop . . . Christmas shop that is! If you know me, then you know that in my entire life, I have never, ever been this late in doing my Christmas shopping. Usually, I'm done before Thanksgiving. This year, I have absolutely had no time with the house selling, house buying, and my job (which is normally very relaxed except for the last two weeks of each semester). So, I am aiming to hit Target on Tuesday between 12-2 p.m. That is my only window without kids before school gets out on Friday for Christmas break, and every other daytime hour is booked with three dental appointments, school Christmas parties, a haircut appointment, and a photo session for the kids. So, Target had better have the items I need, or Christmas won't be very merry!
Stuart headed back to Bentonville today for his last week apart from us. He comes home on Friday and will be on vacation leave until January 2, in order to make the big move. Next weekend, we will have to wrap up some final Christmas shopping. We close on the Cabot house on Monday, Dec. 22. Then, we will head to Stuart's parents on Dec. 24. Then, we will have Christmas Day alone back in our house (for one final time). We will visit my mom on December 26 and prepare for the packers (ie: put aside everything we don't want them to put into boxes, so we have clothes for the next four days). Then, the packers arrive December 27, and the truck is loaded on December 29.
If anyone would like to volunteer to take my children(one, two, or all three), on Saturday, December 27, or Monday, December 29, we could really use a few hours of childcare, so the kids aren't here in the house and underfoot while the packers and loaders are working. Let me know if you feel charitable! Ha ha.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment