Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Great New Blog


If you know me, then you know that I love to decorate. I love fabric . . . the kind that is $50 per yard. I love expensive fringes and ribbons. I drool over the thought of new furniture, and I enjoy browsing in stores like Norwalk and Ethan Allen. One of my favorite catalogs is Pottery Barn. I enjoy making things for the house . . . window treatments, table runners, fringe trimmed lampshades.
Well . . . I also have the problem that I can't afford to buy full price, or even new most of the time. I have that "champagne taste" on a "beer budget" problem. I do enjoy a good bargain, flea market, Ebay auction, etc. I love to be able to share that I bought all my living room furniture used, that the boy's valance is actually just stapled bandanas from Walmart that I spent $8 on, and that Arden's custom made crib bedding was purchased used from an Ebay auction. I do have "splurge" items every once and awhile (like Arden's custom made drapes . . . but I can count that as money well spent to get a baby to sleep!).
I came across this wonderful blog about decorating. She's a Christian gal in North Carolina who also does the "crazy, Dave Ramsey, only pay cash for everything" plan that I also do. She gets my philosophy! She has a house to die for . . . and she makes everything with tacks, a glue gun, and remnant fabric! She's my new hero!
I'm excited to find some new ideas to implement in our new house, which is a great time to repurpose some old items and try something new.
Check it out!

No comments: