On Saturday afternoon, my throat began to get sore. I started feeling achy by dinner, and by bedtime I was miserable. I was up every hour all night long with a raging sore throat that wouldn't allow me to sleep. No medication seemed to help. Luckily, by this morning, the sore throat turned into more of a swollen feeling, but I got really woozy and ran fever.
I don't know if it's the flu or not, but it is flu-like symptoms. I have stayed in bed most of the day except to help with Arden when needed. She doesn't like Daddy as much as Mommy these days! My head has been pounding every time I stand up, but I think I feel a bit better now that I did this morning.
I am supposed to have parent/teacher conferences tomorrow and Tuesday nights from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., and I knew that I wasn't in any condition to do two, twelve hour work days after this weekend. I put in for a half day sub for tomorrow, so I only have to go and teach one class tomorrow from 10-11:30 a.m. I think I can manage that, and it will save me from having to use a whole sick day. I will see how I feel at 4:30 if I return for parent/teacher conferences or not. My principal has said I could miss if I still feel too bad tomorrow afternoon.
I am hoping to be almost all better by Tuesday, but please pray! It seems like someone in our family has been sick with flu symptoms for almost every week since early September. First, Arden got sick for 4 days right around Labor Day. Then Stuart got the H1N1 flu very badly the next week, and he missed 8 days of work with it! He was much, much more seriously ill than I am. Then Owen got sick a couple of weeks ago for 24 hours, but he didn't miss school. Last week Hudson missed two days of school due to fever and flu symptoms. Now me. Ugh. Hopefully, this will pass soon!
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment