



I finally got up enough energy, time, and courage to take Arden to get an outdoor photography session with a professional photographer. We had not had a professional sitting since she was 12 months old, before we moved to NW Arkansas! So, after 18 more months, my darling daughter had changed quite a bit, and I wanted to capture her preschool personality on film.
It was a challenge to photograph her, as she NEVER sits still. Not even for five seconds straight. Plus, she talks constantly, and is very social, so we couldn't get her to really smile because she was always talking and pointing. The photo shoot was done by one of my former high school students at Pulaski Academy,Jessica Ritchie,who now lives in NW Arkansas also. She is amazingly patient and great with kids (she is a former first grade teacher), and it was a very low stress shoot. We took Arden to the University of Arkansas campus where she basically ran around barefoot for 1 hour and 40 minutes while Jessica tried to capture shots. Arden talked to strangers and random joggers, chased dogs and birds, and she basically thought the campus was full of "princess towers" and wanted to climb the steps of every academic building! The summer weather was perfect at 85 degrees in the early evening with a slight breeze.
I knew that we wouldn't get a lot (or any!) shots of Arden sitting perfectly posed and smiling for the camera because that just isn't her personality or stage at 2 1/2! However, I knew that whatever shots we got would capture her spirit and age because she was in a great mood and acting just like herself.
I was so thrilled when I found Arden's cute eyelet dress (from Gap Kids) for just $4 at the Rhea Lana consignment sale this past spring since I knew it would be good for a future photo session, and I borrowed the hairbow from my neighbor Laurie since Arden normally hates wearing them (notice that Arden had removed the bow by the middle of the session! ha).
So, here are a couple of "sneak peeks" that Jessica just posted on her blog, and I will get to see all my proofs in a week or so. I can't wait. Enjoy!






2 comments:
These are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad the bow worked...at least for a little while.
Beautiful!
Post a Comment