Monday, June 28, 2010

Redesign

For my 20th anniversary present to myself (August 4), I decided to redo our master bedroom bedding and accessories this summer. It was a fun project, and I tried to do it in a cost-effective way with minimal furniture purchases, sales, and no custom items.

Here is the before:







Here are the after pictures:







I liked the old "cottage" look, but we had had that bedding for almost eight years, and I was ready for different colors. I also wanted to go more tailored and less feminine, so I went with chocolate brown for a lot of the background colors and a more tailored bedding set without any ruffles. I moved out the trunk at the end of the bed,changed nightstand tables, and I also removed the heavy mirror that had previously been attached to the double dresser. Those changes really seemed to open up the space since the room isn't that large. The paint color was left the same as before, but it still feels a lot more airy.

I bought most of the items at discount stores, and I repurposed many things that I already had in the room. Here is a brief list of where I purchased the main items:

Bedding: "Audubon" by Rose Tree, Dillards
Throw pillows: Walmart
Drapes and curtain rod: Target
Burlap tablecloth and side table: www.ballarddesigns.com
Wooden nightstand: Riverside Factory Outlet, Rogers
Botanical wall prints: www.ballarddesigns.com
table lamp: Pottery Barn
vintage books: Friendly Bookstore, Rogers
tabletop frames: Hobby Lobby

I'm happy with how it turned out!

1 comment:

Corby and Lauren said...

Mrs. Cearley! I saw your comment on Katie Henry's blog and had to say hi! You probably don't remember me, but I was in your creative writing class at PA... class of '01 (Daniels was my maiden name). You were pregnant with your first child then, so I love that you now have a full house! Anyway, just wanted to say hi and that I hope that you're doing well!