Friday, June 25, 2010

Surgery Complete

Thanks for all the prayers. I finished my oral surgery on my jaw tumor. I am only in minimal pain, but it's hard to open my mouth to eat or talk at this point without causing pain. The surgeon only took out part of the mass for the biopsy because it wasn't what he expected based on the CT scan. He said it is actually more bone-like, and not presenting like a tumor or cyst (which I think is a good thing based on his opinion). He felt that it was going to be painful and invasive to chisel out all the bony mass, and it appears that the five most likely things it could be are most likely benign. So, he felt that less pain right now was warranted, and hopefully, he won't have to go back in again to take out more. Keep praying! Pathology will take 7-10 days.

I'm resting now and trying not to talk too much. I'm on antibiotics and ibuprofin for a week, plus I have pain meds if needed. Hopefully, I will be back to my normal routine in a few days. I will be greatly relieved to get the recovery and the pathology results behind me!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Oh my goodness, I am just now reading this. I am so sorry. I will be praying for you!