I've been thinking a lot lately about how stressful our lives have seemed for the past three years. I feel like I could star in a soap opera with all the events and drama that seem to have been a part of our lives recently! I am really praying that for this school year we have peace and rest. I don't want to experience any tragedies or deaths of family members this year, and I would like to feel like we only have to deal with the "regular" stuff -- even if just for this year. We just really need life to be less painful and less hectic, so we can catch our breath.
In case you don't know us or can't remember, here is a short recap of all of the stressful events we've gone through since 2006:
Nov, 2006: my dad entered final stage of cancer and entered home hospice care.
Jan, 2007: my father died
Aug, 2007: my niece was stillborn
Dec, 2007: Arden was born (a happy time, but still involved sleep deprivation and illnesses for the first year)
June, 2008: Stuart found out his job would most likely be ending and began a job search
Oct, 2008: Stuart accepted a job in Bentonville, AR, and moved there on Dec. 1 to begin work; my mother also had hip replacement surgery
Dec, 2008: we moved to Bentonville and faced the task of unpacking a semi-truck worth of belongings
Jan, 2009: my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and had a double masectomy
Aug, 2009: I accepted a last minute teaching job and returned to the classroom full-time for the first time in 8 years; Arden began daycare for the first time at age 20 months
Aug, 2009: Stuart's dad was diagnosed with bladder cancer and began treatment
Feb, 2010: Stuart's dad went downhill and entered final stage of terminal cancer
April, 2010: Stuart's dad died
May, 2010: I was diagnosed with a possible jaw tumor and scheduled for a biopsy
June, 2010: I underwent oral surgery on my jaw bone and had a several week recovery. Thankfully, the mass was benign.
So, we have lost two parents to cancer, gotten two new jobs, gained a new baby, moved across the state, and had several health scares all since 2007.
I'm praying that this year is uneventful! I know God is faithful, and we are still managing to find joy and happiness in every event, but I would like a bit of rest every now and again!
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I am praying, with you...that you might have a "normal" year. I know you know this, but I wanted to remind you that it's in those hard times that we really experience the supernatural power of God working in and through our lives!
Post a Comment