Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fall


I love fall . . . the crisp air, the changing colors on the trees, pumpkins on porches, and candy corn! Yes, I am on my third bag of candy corn this month!

The wood floors were installed about six weeks ago in my hallway, dining room, and home office, and I love them! The installation was relatively painless and all done in one day while I was at work! So, we didn't have any half-finished flooring to stay off in the evening with the kids which was wonderful. On the second day, the men came back and finished up the transitions and trim around the baseboards, then we had the task of moving all the books and office electronics back into the office. So far, the floors are just what I was hoping and show little dust or dirt. They really warm up the space, and I can't wait to do the great room next! Maybe we will be able to do that this spring . . .

The kids are doing well, and the boys got straight A's for first quarter. I can't believe second quarter and the holidays are almost upon us. I have bought all of Arden's Christmas presents, birthday gifts, and stocking stuffers, so I'm thankful for some headway. We went to Silver Dollar City a few weekends ago, and Stuart recently went to Atlanta for four days to the Catalyst conference.

Stuart had a birthday this month (let's just say that he's getting closer to fifty than forty-five now!), and Hudson has begun reading so well! I'm so proud of him. Arden is a whirlwind of words and energy, but she is constantly funny! One of her favorite expressions now is, "I'm just joking!" She has learned her ABC's, and she is counting pretty well, too. I can hardly believe she will be three in a few months.

School is going really well, but I'm still busy all the time. I am in a much better routine than last year with some things, but the grading will be busy forever! I have gotten some family routines down, but meals are still really hard to do during the week since I don't get home until almost five on most days. Luckily, Stuart isn't picky, and the kids will eat a sandwich or cereal for dinner if necessary.

Owen has been playing flag football this season for the first time, and he is really enjoying it. Hudson also started Cub Scouts and likes it a lot. I will be glad when football ends, so that we have more free weekday night, but it has been really good for Owen.

We are headed back to Silver Dollar City this weekend for one last trip to their fall festival. It's so wonderful to have Branson only 90 minutes from our house, so it is an easy day trip. Now that Arden is older, we have no diaper bags or sippy cups and can travel light! Owen will want to ride roller coasters while Arden will ride Dumbo. Stuart will eat a funnel cake, and Hudson will want to buy a huge bag of fudge. Good times!

No comments: