Thursday, September 2, 2010
4 Days Left!!!!
Only 4 more days with the old, tired, and stained carpet in my hallway -- the hallway which leads in from the garage that has had lots of traffic, spills, and is currently buckling in the middle. So long to the carpet in my dining room which prevents us from wanting to eat in there, lest we spill and stain it, so that it looks like the hallway!! In 4 more days, I will get the hardwood flooring which we have purchased installed. It is currently sitting in my kitchen in 22 boxes as it "acclimates" until next Tuesday morning. The installers will be here shortly after I leave for school on Tuesday, and they will be done on Wednesday. Before then, Stuart and I have to pack up all the books, breakable items, and electronics and move them out of the dining room and office. If anyone has seen our book collection, you know that it will take awhile! Ha. I'm so excited to have wood flooring again, and I hope that it looks as great as I think it will.We went with a more casual, distressed style wood planking this time in a five inch board in order to hide any future dents and wear from kiddos. Also, I went lighter in color and low in sheen (to hide footprints, smudges, and dust). I learned from my last house that darker wood with a high sheen is a lot of maintenance for it to look clean. In any case, it will remain cleaner and wear better than the old carpet with three active kids in heavy traffic areas! I'll post before and after pics next week. I'm praying there aren't any glitches with the installation and that the process will be relatively stress-free!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment