Since we had to hold school in our district on Monday and Tuesday to make up some snow days, our spring break became an amputated five-day weekend. I didn't think it would be that bad, but now that it is almost over, and I am not rested and don't feel like I had a vacation, it is so depressing!
Unfortunately, our plans for a few fun things to do during our break were canceled when Arden got sick. We did manage to have fun at The Jones Center on Wednesday where we went to a free concert of Trout Fishing in America which is a wonderful kids' band. I bought a CD and got it autographed, and we've been singing along in the car ever since. They are playing again locally in Bentonville at the Square on Saturday, May 7, at 11 a.m., if you want to hear them. They are now my favorite kids' music!
Then, it sort of went downhill after that. By Thursday, Arden was coughing, had a runny nose, and was acting cranky. We did a quick trip to an inflatable place, but Arden was dragging, and Owen said his stomach hurt.
On Friday, we had planned to go to Silver Dollar City or the Tulsa Zoo. We checked the weather in both places on Friday, packed the car, and made our decision to head to Oklahoma for the day. We only made it ten miles down the road when Arden began to cough so much that she started vomiting in the car. So, we went home.
She coughed so much all day long on Friday that we got concerned, so I made an appointment to take her to the pediatrician in the afternoon. She had a mild case of whooping cough and the beginning of an ear infection in her right ear. So, we left with a prescription for antibiotics.
Then, I woke up this morning at 5:45 a.m. to a horrible thunderstorm, and it is still cold, gray, and wet outside. It doesn't feel much like spring right now. Boo!
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment