Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Day of Remembrance

Today, October 15th, is the National Day of Remembrance for Infant and Pregnancy Loss. There are many friends and relatives of mine who have been touched personally by miscarriage, stillbirth, SIDS, or infant death due to accident or illness.

If you personally have ever lost a baby at any point after conception, I am praying for all those moms today. Please join me in celebrating life, at any stage, and its value by remembering and grieving those babies who have died too soon.

There is a great blog which I follow that is honoring today's day of remembrance with a place for moms to list the date of their infant loss. It is a Christian blog that was started by a woman Angie Smith whose own daughter died just hours after birth due to birth defects in April 2008. The link to this blog is http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/. The last time I looked, there were already over 850 posts by moms who have lost children.

There is probably no greater pain than that of a mother who has to say goodbye to a child.

No comments: