Saturday, October 4, 2008

Recipe for Homemade Foaming Handsoap

In my neverending quest to save money, I decided to try this recipe for homemade foaming handsoap. My kids have loved the Kandoo brand in their bathroom, as the foaming dispenser makes it easy for young kids to get their own soap out to wash their hands. However, the Kandoo soap is over $3.50 per bottle, and it only lasts about 6 weeks in my house with several dirty boys. That cost adds up!

This week on Good Morning America, there was a segment on saving money, and this recipe was shared. I decided to give it a try. We were just about out of Kandoo soap, so I just rinsed and reused that dispenser.

Results: wonderful, foaming handsoap that is just as good as Kandoo for a fraction of the price! If you use a good soap product (like Bath and Body Works), you can still enjoy the great fragrance too.

You will need:
1 foaming type pump dispenser (you can buy them in many brands and then just refill it yourself when empty, or Pampered Chef sells a plain one for about $2.00)

2 TBS concentrated handsoap (I used some antibacterial soap from Bath and Body Works that I already had from a previous sale; use the kind in a NON-FOAMING dispenser)

1 cup water

Pour soap into dispenser and add water. Shake.

I intend to make my own for each bathroom from now on!

No comments: