It's been a busy few days! Stuart's parents came up to Bentonville on Friday night and spent the weekend with us. It was their first time here, and the boys were so glad to see them. We drove them around the area and went to War Eagle Mill, but I got carsick feeling on the drive back from sitting between the two boys in the third row of the van while we went around a bunch of winding roads.
I officially finished my semester on Monday, and I am free of grading until August! I do have a lot of work to do for my job this summer, as the college is completely redesigning my Comp I class, so we have new curriculum standards to implement, new assignments, and two new textbooks. So, I will be making one or two quick trips to Little Rock for training, and I will have to spend some time each week typing up new lecture notes and assignment sheets, as well as reading up in the new textbooks. It looks like I will be increasing to five college sections in the fall which is full-time employment. Hudson will be starting kindergarten, and Arden will start out at 2 days per week at First Baptist preschool, but she might increase to 3 days per week at some point soon.
On Tuesday, we had drain basins with underground piping put all around our house to carry standing water that we have in several low areas due to the slope of our house. The water will be carried underground to a different part of the yard and released with a regulated pop-up drain. We now have ditch marks all around our yard, so we are hoping the bermuda grass will grow quickly and cover back all the damage. Hopefully, this will be a solution for all the water that floods our driveway and front yard every time it rains! Our phone line was cut during the trenching, so we have no landline right now until the phone company gets out here.
We are going to travel down to Little Rock for the weekend to see family and friends, and it's the first time we have all been back together since the move. We are hoping Arden travels well since the only time we drove this far with her was late at night, so she slept most of the way! She isn't the best traveler!
It has been a nice, sunny week with temps in the high 70's -- perfect May weather!






No comments:
Post a Comment