
This week on Kelly's Korner we are showing pictures of our chidren's rooms or nurseries.
I have chosen to give a tour of my daughter's nursery. When I found out that she was going to be a girl, I was thrilled because I had never gotten to decorate with pink before (my older children are boys). I had a fun time picking out all the colors and the patterns for the fabric.
My dream was always to have "shabby chic" themed nursery, so that was the goal. The crib bedding was the inspiration which I worked from. I had actually seen the floral fabric long before and knew I loved its vintage look. The day after I found out that I was having a girl, I saw this preowned, custom crib bedding set on an Ebay auction! It was perfect, and I couldn't believe that it was made with the exact fabric that I had wanted to use all along. I won the auction for $150 and got the crib bedding set which was all custom sewn, as well as the lampshade and the slipcover for the child's
chair. I looked around and was able to find a child's chair at a consignment sale for $12 which fit the slipcover nicely.
Later, I added the pink central park toile fabric and ordered replacement cushions for my existing Dutailier glider rocker in that print, and I had drapes with blackout lining sewn in the same fabric.
Since the room is 12x12, I wanted to preserve as much floor space as possible for playing. The room has two closets, so I put drawers inside one of the closets for clothing, and it saved floor space by not using a dresser or chest in the room until she is older.
Here are the main items which I purchased to complete the room:
rug: Pottery Barn Kids
lamp base: Pottery Barn Kids
hanging peg shelf: Land of Nod
bookcase: Land of Nod
chandelier: Land of Nod
vintage style wall clock: Storytime Collection by Timeworks
throw pillow: sewn by www.javisdavis.com
paint: Benjamin Moore Mellowed Ivory (*see my post on how difficult it was to get the right color green paint for this room!)
The vintage ceiling tile above the bookcase was purchased from Ebay, and I repainted it and mounted it to a 30" piece of painted wood which I had cut at a local hardware store. The hanging bookcase with blanket rack was a handmade gift that we received for our wedding, and I painted and distressed it for my nursery.
My favorite item in the room is the wall canvas above the crib which is 36" diameter. It is handpainted with my daughter's monogram, and it was made locally by one of my talented friends whom I paid to do the project for me.
This is one of my favorite rooms in my house, and I like it so much that I had twin bedding made in all the same fabrics, so my daughter can transition to a twin bed next year and still leave all the accessories and other decor the same.
Thanks for stopping by!






3 comments:
Mrs. Cearley!! I am not sure if you remember me, I was in your southern writing class at PA, Meredith Davis. I am so glad to have found your blog! Looks like you are doing great!
LOVELY!!!
Love the shabby chic nursery!
Post a Comment