Wednesday, June 3, 2009

100th Post

I can't believe this is my 100th post! Wow. I am so behind in scrapbooking (Arden's baby book has stopped after her first month photos in January 2008, and she is now 17 months old), but blogging is much easier for me to do since it doesn't involve getting out a bunch of supplies or keeping kids away from my layouts. I can blog while chaos is around me and while children are running in and out of the room . . . which is the norm at my house. I hate to think that I won't scrapbook anymore, but I'm not pushing it on myself anymore and trying not to feel guilty. Blogging is my current venue for documenting my family and our life. I plan on printing out my blog in a blogbook soon and doing that every calendar year, so that all the digital photos and journaling can be preserved in a format that my children can easily access. I'll try to finish Arden's baby book this summer, but the rest of my scrapbooking of regular family albums might not make much headway until Arden starts school.

As is customary for the 100th post, here are 100 random facts about me:

1. I have lived in several foreign countries since my parents were missionaries.
2. I wet my pants in second grade when the mean teacher wouldn't let me go to the bathroom.
3. I don't like indoor pets.
4. I love Chinese food.
5. I read mostly fiction over non-fiction.
6. I'm horrible at navigation and usually get lost on a regular basis.
7. I like the tv shows "House," "Grey's Anatomy," and "Lost."
8. My favorite date was a Brad Paisley concert with FRONT ROW seats!
9. When I was little I used to pretend I was one of the Charlie's Angels.
10. Because of #9, I once tried to smoke a cigarette and hid them in my underwear drawer when I was 8 or 9.
11. I love chocolate -- but I'm picky about the brands, types.
12. I enjoy decorating and probably would have done interior design if I could have had two careers.
13. This will be my 17th year teaching! Yikes!
14. I have only taken two semesters off from teaching in my entire life (after Owen's birth then after Hudson's birth). I went back to college instruction when Arden was two weeks old.
15. My favorite book is Ellen Foster by Kaye Gibbons.
16. I faked the eye test when I was in fifth grade in order to get glasses, so I could match my best friend.
17. I was born in Sydney, Australia.
18. I regularly talk to myself outloud.
19. I am not a nightowl or a morning person, and I'm not very talkative for the first hour I'm awake.
20. I have never pulled an all-nighter.
21. I graduated from college in 3 years with a 4.0 GPA. I think my hardest semester was 21 hours.
22. I have never colored or highlighted my hair.
23. I really like my ears and my feet.
24. I can get a shower, do makeup and hair, and get dressed in 20 minutes. Pretty good, huh!
25. I always make my bed and the kids' beds. Every. Single. Day.
26. I squeegie my shower doors every day.
27. I love steak medium rare.
28. I don't mind going to a movie theater by myself if there is something I want to see.
29. I always write handwritten thank you notes for gifts, and it bothers me when I don't get one after I've given someone a gift.
30. I sometimes get migraines and take Imitrex.
31. I enjoy shopping and selling on Ebay.
32. With each child's birth, I have fallen more and more behind with scrapbooking.
33. I have an actual job for a college where I am an adjunct instructor of English and am teaching 4-5 courses each semester. Since I work online, most people assume I am only a stay-at-home mom and can't imagine why I'm so busy. Yep, I'll have 125 students come August 17.
34. I am still in contact with over 30 of my former high school students who are now married with their own children.
35. Arden was almost a natural childbirth (non-intentionally), and it was still less pain than my spinal headache episode after a spinal tap.
36. I got chickenpox when I was 16, and it was horrible.
37. I have never broken a bone or had a cast.
38. I never had a boyfriend in high school.
39. My dad died when I was 36.
40. I love guacamole!
41. I am usually reading two books at the same time.
42. I love reading blogs and surfing the internet.
43. I enjoy flipping through a good tabloid at the grocery store checkout aisle.
44. I pay all our bills and do our taxes (with Stuart's money!)
45. I wear SPF moisurizer on my face every single day.
46. I floss my teeth every day.
47. I always wear my seatbelt.
48. My first car was a brown 1970 Ford Maverick with a column stick shift.
48. My first job was at The Fudge Factory at the mall when I was 16, but I got fired for eating the fudge.
49. I worked at The Waffle House for three years in high school and college.
50. I have never fired a gun.
51. I do not like cats.
52. I don't have allergies.
53. My hair was blond when I was growing up.
54. My feet are 1/2 a size larger than before I had children.
55. I am the same weight as before I had Owen.
56. I don't like wearing bracelets.
57. I can't wear flip flops or sandals with anything that goes between my toes.
58. I only eat Claussen brand dill pickles.
59. I like wheat bread.
60. I was the third generation in my family to graduate from Oklahoma State University.
61. I spoke at my dad's memorial service, and it was the hardest but best thing I have ever done.
62. I love Pottery Barn.
63. I want to go back to the Outer Banks beaches.
64. My favorite place in the U.S. is Disneyworld's Magic Kingdom.
65. I was a Klingenstein Fellow at Columbia University.
66. It bugs me when people can't use "me" or "I" correctly.
67. I have never been on a diet in my entire life.
68. I usually have a stash of hidden candy in my house.
69. I don't enjoy cooking.
70. I am very motivated and driven.
71. One of my pet peeves is a person who doesn't follow through on a commitment.
72. I don't answer my phone if I am busy.
73. I read the newspaper (paper version) every day.
74. I want to ski again. I really love it, though I am not good at it.
75. I graduated from high school in 1987.
76. I do not drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, or have tattoos.
77. I have dreams about my teeth falling out when I'm under stress.
78. I prefer a shower to a bath.
79. I don't like to wear anything polyester. It just feels funny; I'm just a cotton girl.
80. I am always working on some sort of home repair or decorating project.
81. I rarely drive over the speed limit.
82. I don't do roller coasters.
83. One of my favorite drinks is a Sonic Cherry Limeade during the summer.
84. I hate vacuuming.
85. I enjoy cleaning a bathroom.
86. I'm nosy.
87. I don't eat game meat.
88. I love 80's music and 80's movies. Nothing beats Pretty Woman and Footloose!
89. I like fresh flowers.
90. I am thrifty and penny pinching.
91. I do not own an iphone, ipod, or i-anything.
92. I try to follow Dave Ramsey's financial tips.
93. I have gotten more open to change with age.
94. I am loyal.
95. People think I'm crazy because I actually love hospital food.
96. My favorite brand of shoes is Born.
97. I do laundry every day.
98. My favorite smell is grapefruit soap (by Crabtree and Evelyn).
99. I hate coffee, but I drink hot tea almost daily (usually English Breakfast or Constant Comment).
100. One of my favorite belongings is the Bible my dad gave me when I was 17.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Michelle-You are so interesting!! We need to discuss your list in person. ha ha!