Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I can't believe that November is almost over. It seems like Halloween was just last week. Time is flying by, and Christmas will be here soon.

I enjoyed Christmas shopping yesterday since I was out of school, and the kids stayed in childcare for one extra day. I had to get a couple fillings at the dentist in the morning and needed childcare for that, and then I decided to use the rest of the time without kids to finish my shopping. I got most of the gifts bought, and I enjoyed shopping when it wasn't overly crowded. A couple gifts were out-of-stock, but I hope they will get more before Christmas since I got rainchecks.

We went to the lighting of the Bentonville square on Saturday and enjoyed hearing live Christmas music and looking at all the lights after dark. The boys thought that some of the songs were very silly like, "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Clause" and "Santa Baby." They asked me why Mommy would kiss Santa and why would she call him "Baby." I wasn't quite sure how to answer that since the kids really believe in Santa! I just told them that Santa must be cute!

I've been getting a lot of projects done around the house with hired help while I've been out of school. A handyman spent four hours here last week and replaced deadbolts, installed a new doorbell, and installed decorative trim on the garage doors. Today a plumber is coming to install my new kitchen sink and fix a dripping shower. My stainless sink has two pinholes in it -- inside the actual sink bottom! I have no idea what happened since the sink was used by two previous owners before us, but that sink basket also was damaged on that side and had to be replaced once we moved in. So, the only thing to do was get a new sink, so that I could use both sides without having water flood the cabinet below. I guess that is my Christmas present!

The boys are looking forward to watching some football games over the holiday weekend. They have really gotten into the sport after Owen got to attend the last two Razorback home games in Fayetteville with Stuart due to some generous, free tickets we were given. Now, all Owen talks about is football, and he is reading the sports page every day!

We hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving weekend! We all have much to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Mary Ella said...

That is good about Santa being cute, good thinking! Happy Thanksgiving!

Christy said...

Mrs. Cearley - Excited to find your blog (through Laurie O's), Mackenzie said you had one. I also want to say that I am HORRIFIED about what Peyton did to your son. We had a little talk and she didn't remember doing it to him, but did mention another boy. Hopefully after our discussion it will not happen again! I hope you had a nice break...we are counting down the days until the next one. I hope your next few weeks fly by.

Christy