Sunday, November 15, 2009

Score!


After four months of checking Craigslist almost daily for a used, wooden kitchen for Arden, I finally found one to buy! It's a bit bigger than what I was originally looking for, but I figured a way to move around things in her room to make the space. It is so cute!

It has some scratches on the "burner" area of the stove from kids pushing around pots and pans, but it doesn't bother me. I was able to negotiate the owner down to less than 1/2 price of the exact model new, and this one was already assembled.

I love having a van because I have loaded many Craigslist finds into the back cargo area since the seats fold down! I survived another appointment to pick up a Craigslist item from a stranger without being murdered, and now this kitchen is in my garage under two blankets, just awaiting Christmas Day when we move it into Arden's bedroom for her! (Seriously, do take precautions and let someone know where you are going, take a phone, and never enter a stranger's house alone when buying from a stranger).

I love buying used! It's a thrill to save money; it relieves me of stress because I don't worry about my kids damaging items as much, and it is better for the environment.

1 comment:

Greg and Shara said...

YAY on that purchase! You've inspired me to check out Craig's List...have a wonderful Thanksgiving and break from school :)