The Thanksgiving break went by much too quickly! I really enjoyed having more leisurely time with the kids, and we did get the Christmas trees and other decorations up this weekend. We still have some outdoor reindeer that may or may not get put out this year, depending on how the next few weeks go.
Unfortunately, we can't seem to stay healthy for more than a week or two at a time this winter. It wasn't anything serious, but Hudson started running fever and was lethargic and coughing on Wednesday. He lay around and didn't want to do much on Thanksgiving Day. Sure enough, Arden woke up with a high fever on Friday morning and turned into a crying, clingy, runny-nosed monster for Friday and Saturday. She's better today, but she's still not eating as much and sleeping more than usual. I got the sore throat and congestion yesterday, but I feel better day. Ugh! I feel like we lost half the break with someone being sick . . . again.
The Christmas trees look good; we have the big one downstairs and let the boys decorate a smaller "kids" tree upstairs in the bonus room. Arden is really understanding Christmas this year and is talking about Santa and saying, "ho, ho, ho." She has pulled off the Dora ornament off the tree and is carrying it around with her everywhere!
We have three more weeks until Christmas break, and I'm excited to have that break also. A week was nice, but two weeks will surely help us all to feel rested and ready to face second semester. I've got a lot to do to wrap up my unit with my classes and finish all the grading and projects to end the semester grades in these few weeks, so it will probably just fly by. We will be going to Stuart's parent's house for a few days for Christmas, but it will be relaxing to spend the majority of the time right here at home!
I'm taking Owen to see the play The Best Christmas Pageant Ever next weekend, and then Stuart and I will go to The Messiah the following weekend. I love this time of year! Maybe we'll even get a little snow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment