Friday, January 8, 2010

Search List 2010


This list is mainly for me since I want to keep a running list of what I am looking for used this year. I will add to it as more things come up that I realize I need/want, and I will update when I've found the items on the list. Since I plan to print my blog as a book each year, this is a fun way for me to remember what I search for during each year!

Search list for used items in 2010:

1. twin mattress and boxsprings for Arden

2. side table/nightstand for Arden

3. Fisher Price Loving People dollhouse furniture and people for Arden's house

4. Leap Frog grocery cart replacement food
*1/28/10: I found a complete used set on Ebay with a good Buy-it-Now price of $20.00. These were discontinued items and hard to find. I had been outbid on many previous auctions for more than this!

5. Custom bedding for master bedroom (queen size)

6. Entertainment center with side bookcases for bonus room (maybe this year, but might be in 2011 due to other house projects)

I found another great deal on Craigslist this week and stumbled upon a like-new Radio Flyer Canopy Wagon that has folding seats and a removable canopy. The owners said they used it twice. It retails at Walmart and Target between $120-$140, and I got it for $40! However, I had to go out in 8 degree weather to test it out in an ice-covered parking lot when I met the lady for pick-up, but it was worth it! It will be wonderful to use to transport all our pool items to our neighborhood pool this summer, plus it will be great at Silver Dollar City and the Tulsa Zoo which I hope to visit this year. Last summer, I realized that all my neighbors used wagons at the pool to haul all the gear and snacks, and I looked for one all summer to purchase. Luckily, most people probably weren't out on the hunt for a wagon in January, so I was able to bargain down the original price. :)

No comments: