Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Snow Days

We are going to be on snow day #3 tomorrow! It just posted on the Bentonville website that they have closed classes again for Wednesday. I guess Bella Vista and more northern roads are still bad because my street is now completely clear. I was actually really wanting to go to work tomorrow because it's getting a little stir crazy being inside with three children and no where to go. They are about bored with electronics and getting restless, too. I think they want to get out and see their friends, and I haven't left the house since Saturday. Now, I'm getting concerned that it will be a long time before Arden goes back to daycare if we are closed until next week which might make her transition rougher for her return and separation from me again.

Unfortunately, more snow is predicted to come in tomorrow night with several inches in accumulation. Since we are only having high temps in the teens right now, nothing is melting much at all. I expected we would go to school on Wednesday, but then we might be out again on Thursday. I really wanted to check in with my students and give them some assignments to do at home in case we got more snow! Ha. They are probably glad we didn't meet after all, even if I had a fun activity planned that involved using toilet paper.

So, I might take the kids out in the next hour to run a few errands before it all refreezes overnight and more snow comes in tomorrow. This is too reminiscient of last January when school closed for a week due to an ice storm. Now, it looks like we will possibly have this entire week out of school and have to make it all up in June.

At any rate, it has been a nice, long break, and I will be ready to go back to school when the snow thaws. God has helped prepare me for the return to work by giving me enough extra rest that I'm actually getting bored!

No comments: