This seemed like the first full week of school that we've had since early January due to all our snow days. Stuart left to go to Camden to visit his parents on Thursday, so he could attend his dad's oncology appointment today. So, I've been single-parenting for the last 24 hours so far.
The week has been pretty good, and fortunately no one had to stay home sick this week. However, we began the week with a plumber cutting out a square of drywall out of our wall behind the master bathroom shower! I came home from work on Monday to see a hole in my wall. That isn't the best way to start the week . . . especially when the plumber revealed that there was actually no leak in that pipe, so the hole was actually a big waste! I then began the hunt to find a drywall repair person who can make my wall look new again. Hopefully, I will get a reasonable quote from someone who is coming to look at the damage tomorrow.
Arden made some big strides this week with potty training and has been going 2-4 times on her own in the potty each day, which is a big increase in the frequency of recognizing that she "needs" to go. I haven't even been taking her at all yet and just letting her tell me when she wants to go. Today she even pooped in the potty for the first time (sorry if TMI!) which is a huge accomplishment. We even called Daddy in Camden to tell him the news. Arden was actually able to talk to him herself and tell him the good news! The boys had a lot of trouble with attempting #2 in the potty, and she is about a year ahead in age of when they began this stage.
I went to a conference in Springdale today, so I had a sub. It was actually a really, really good conference, and I took away many hands-on activities which I plan to try in the classroom in the coming weeks. It focused on integrating drama, art, and music with literature, and the presenters were all from major universities around the U.S.
Owen went to Fast Lane after school with his classroom teacher, as he won an outing with the teacher at a school fundraiser auction earlier this year. He had a great time with several teachers, their winners, and their own children. At first he was a bit apprehensive about spending time with his teacher outside of the classroom, but it turned out to be much more fun than he expected, and it was good for him to see that she is a regular person and a mother, too!
Have a great weekend!
Friday, February 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment