We've been busy, as usual, since my last post. We returned to school after the last round of snow days which I mentioned in the last post, and then we had ANOTHER snow day on Tuesday of this week due to slight ice! So, that makes 8 snow days to make up this year. Our school district voted to give up the student break on Feb. 15-16 and remain in school to make up two of the eight days.
Stuart and I did an early Valentine's date and went to the Todd Agnew, Meredith Andrews, and Pocket Full of Rocks Christian concert here in town last Friday night. We got a babysitter for the kids and really enjoyed it. Stuart worked at the World Vision booth before the concert and during intermission. He has really gotten involved with that ministry which sponsors needy children around the world, and Stuart is working to promote child sponsorship at our local church. We just signed up to sponsor our second child monthly, and this little boy is one who shares the same birthday with Hudson. It is a really neat ministry to communicate with these children across continents and help provide financially for their food, medical care, and education for only $35 per month.
We enjoyed a fun Super Bowl party and fellowship time last Sunday with our small group from church. The kids enjoyed playing, and I think only the husbands and Owen were watching any of the game. I know the Colts were one team, but I couldn't tell you who they played or who won! I just enjoyed visiting with friends, watching the kids play, and eating lots of yummy snack food.
After we returned to school on Wednesday from our snow day, Hudson came home sick. He was subdued in the car when I picked him up on Wednesday afternoon, and then right after dinner began to throw up. So, he stayed home on Thursday with Stuart. Hudson managed to make it back to school on Friday for his class Valentine's party since he hadn't been sick since Wednesday night. However, he was still pale and lacking energy. Well . . . when I picked the boys up from school on Friday, Hudson threw up in the car on the way home from school and then more once I got him inside! Ugh! I guess he wasn't quite over the bug after all, or he tried to eat too much at the party, and his stomach couldn't handle it yet. He is still laying on the couch this morning and also has congestion and a cold. He hasn't gotten sick again, but he is running a slight fever now. I'm just hoping he gets better soon, and that no one else in our family gets the stomach bug!
We don't have any big plans for Valentine's Day since we already used a babysitter last weekend. We might order take-out for tonight and rent a movie or something simple like that. We both agreed that we were just too tired since Hudson is sick to do anything but rest this weekend. However, Stuart did get a really nice "present" this week because we traded his 2009 Honda Civic for a used 2009 Honda CRV! He got the Civic last June when his old 1990 CRV was dying and having engine issues. We couldn't afford a CRV then, and I hadn't gotten my teaching job. Stuart liked the Civic, but he found that he was just too tall to drive it comfortably for longer distances. So, he had been looking for used CRVs that we could trade up for with very little cost difference. He found this used CRV that is royal blue with gray interior that had only 7000 miles and one owner for 7 months! It was a good deal, and it is only a little more each month for us than the Civic was costing. He is so, so happy to be back into a taller vehicle!
Arden is driving me crazy by trying to potty train, which is all her idea since I wanted to wait until school was out. She is refusing to wear diapers and can undress herself and rip them off. She only wants Pull-Ups (which she also takes off about every 30 minutes). She is constantly saying she needs to go pee pee and undressing herself. Yes, she is actually going about once a day on the potty but not consistently. It is a lot of work because she can take off all her clothes and her Pull Up by herself which she routinely does about 15 times per day! The boys NEVER undressed themselves, so this is very different for me at this age of just turning two. Also, she is very independent and stubborn and refuses help with putting clothes back on, so it takes a long time to get her dressed again, and it usually results in her screaming in frustration or anger that I force her to let me help her. I hope she masters the whole potty training thing soon! This stage is exhausting!
Have a good Valentine's weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment