Saturday, March 6, 2010

Arden the Princess




Arden is getting more and more hilarious as her verbal skills are taking off. She is talking constantly in long sentences now, and the things she comes up with are so funny! Today, she called herself "Arden" for the first time. She has said "me" or "my" for awhile, but I had never heard her pronounce her own name. When I woke her up this morning, I walked into her room and said, "Who's in the crib? Is it Sleeping Beauty?" She started giggling and replied, "No, it's just Arden!"

She is starting to memorize and sing a lot too. She now knows her ABC song and has some individual letter recognition. I'm pretty impressed at this for a 26 month old. Potty training is still ongoing, but I'm letting her tell me when she wants to go, and she probably makes it 1/2 the time to the potty and wets her Pull-Up the other half of the time. Today, we were running errands, and she started singing in the backseat, "We will, we will, rock you!" She was singing it on tune, too! I have NO idea where she knew this song or knew the tune! It was too funny.

Arden is also the biggest and tallest girl in her class too. She is now wearing all size 3 clothing! She has just a few pairs of size 2 Gymboree pants that are cut a bit longer that still fit, but other than that we are moving into all size 3 for the spring and summer. Her feet are between a size 7 and 7 1/2 now, and we have shoes in both sizes. I actually bought her a Gap dress at a consignment sale this week that was in a size 4, but it looked like it ran a bit small, and it fits her! I can't believe how old she looks since she has a lot of hair and is so tall. Everyone who sees her in stores when we are out shopping always ask me if she is three years old and can't believe she is only (just barely) two. I did cut Arden's hair (just a trim) on Valentine's Day to try to even out the sides with the back. I think I probably cut about 1 1/2 inches off the very back, and I will probably trim it again in June to get it the same length all the way around. I'm debating if I would like to cut it into a bob at some point since it is so straight, and she doesn't like me to put it up or style it. I'm thinking that might be easier to take care of and get thicker if I kept it between chin and shoulder length. We'll see!

She calls herself a "princess" now and is getting excited about trying on new clothes and playing dress up. She came out of her room last week with three of her shirts all layered over each other, and one as a scarf, holding a purse. She then told us, "I'm so pretty!" I think we tell her too often that she is pretty, and I'm trying to switch that to complimenting her on being "so smart!" Ha.

No comments: