So, I'm sitting here on an Sunday morning because we couldn't go to church due to the foot of snow outside. Yes, about a foot so far on March 21! Crazy! It was beautiful and high 60's on Thursday and Friday, and the boys went and enjoyed playing basketball at our neighborhood park. I was really getting excited for my long-awaited spring break at that point, as I have a million things on my "to do" list.
Then at school on Friday, I noticed a bunch of my students getting checked out early. I questioned them if they were leaving to travel for spring break, and I heard multiple times that they were leaving early because their parents were worried they needed to leave to beat the snow. SNOW? I couldn't believe it, and I was in denial that we were actually going to have our 5th or 6th major snow since Christmas on the first day of my vacation.
However, nature is stronger than my desires, and snow has been falling pretty constantly since late Saturday afternoon. We were scheduled to have our fence built by a fencing company on Monday or Tuesday, and I am hoping it will melt enough to get it done at the end of the week, but rain is forecasted for Thursday, too. I really want to be home when it's being built. I had planned for the kids to all go to adventure club/daycare on Monday, so that I could go to an appointment and run all my errands. That will probably not happen with the amount of snow that will currently have to melt.
Luckily, Stuart rushed back from Camden yesterday morning to get in before the bad weather hit, or we'd be stuck here alone. I think we'll be making hot chocolate and pulling out the board games later today.
Right now, I'll try to be thankful that we have electricity and heat, and hopefully the snow will end today. I'll probably spend tomorrow doing cleaning instead of errands, and maybe I can get away without the kids later in the week to do some shopping.
Maybe there will be some good Lifetime movies on later. Ha!






No comments:
Post a Comment