My mom came for a visit this weekend and arrived on Friday; she will leave tomorrow when we all head back to work and school. It has been a fun visit with a visit to Braums to get hamburgers and ice cream, a tour of the Walmart visitor's center which has been recently remodeled, a visit to see my classroom, and a getaway to see the movie The Help which I have been dying to see (I read the book awhile ago and highly recommend it).
While we were seeing the movie yesterday afternoon, Arden and the boys were home with Stuart. During that time, Arden managed to sneak into the kitchen, get scissors, and take them to her bedroom. She proceeded to cut out several large chunks of her hair! Yes, the newly styled, adorable bob haircut that we got last weekend! Apparently, getting a haircut made her interested in cutting hair because people were telling her how cute her hair was. She told me she "wanted to be even cuter" by cutting it some more. It could have been a lot worse, but now she has a section on one side that looks like long bangs where she chopped off about 3 inches. It makes me sick, but I know it will grow back. I guess I need to go to Gymboree and buy more of these barrettes that stay in her hair, so I can pull it back to the side. It is too short now to put behind her ears or pull up into an elastic. I really don't want to cut the front into short bangs since I want it to grow out. Sigh.
The cooler temps from this weekend are beginning to make it feel like fall is on its way, and it makes me want to go to Silver Dollar City soon. The kids were hoping to go to the pool one last time this weekend, but we haven't gotten to do that since it got too cool. Maybe it will warm up enough for that this week!
Stuart got back from his trip to Seattle, and I have been doing constant laundry it seems trying to get everything caught up from unpacking. He has had to work several times this weekend to get caught up from being out of the office. And, yes, Owen has football practice TODAY, on a HOLIDAY!! This practice schedule is still driving me insane; I'm just not a die-hard football fan. I am probably one of the only people living in northwest Arkansas that doesn't watch a single Hogs game! I am not from here, didn't grow up around football (I lived overseas), and I didn't go to college at Arkansas, so it just isn't a big deal to me. But, my son loves it, and I love him, so off to practice we will go.
Monday, September 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment