I've been very busy lately with my job at the college starting back up again a few weeks ago, plus continuing to unpack and organize. We finally got the garage pretty well unpacked, and we are hoping to be able to park both cars in there by this weekend! We've lost random things in the move, and since we have now unpacked every single box, I don't know where they went! Maybe the people who bought our Cabot home are enjoying our spice rack, toilet plunger, 6 ft ladder, and push broom (assuming they were left behind somehow)!
I'm getting my old kids' clothes ready to sell in the NW Arkansas Rhea Lana sale that is taking place in two weeks. So, in the middle of my unpacking, I now have piles of old clothes in the guestroom that need to be tagged and entered into the computer. I usually always sell/buy at the great Rhea Lana consignment sale in Little Rock, so I was thrilled beyond measure to find out that there is a sale here too. I am hoping to buy most of Arden's summer wardrobe there. I just love consignment sales. It is so satisfying to clear out my old stuff, find bargins, and feel like I'm helping the economy and environment by recycling all at the same time!
Stuart's job is keeping him very busy, but he loves it. We are adjusting to him coming home later at night and not being able to eat dinner together very often. It's different than it was in Cabot, but we knew it would be more responsibility here (ie: he actually has an "assistant" now -- LOL).
We are enjoying Grace Point Church and plan to go through the membership classes in March to officially join. I just registered for a women's Bible study over Esther by Beth Moore, so I am hoping that will give me a way to meet more people. I've also met some great ladies in my neighborhood who invited us over for a playdate during the snow days, and then the kids went sledding. As you can tell by the pictures, we got quite a bit of ice during our recent ice storm, and the kids enjoyed being out of school for 4 days! Our neighborhood has a women's Bunco group, so I'm going to attend that next week to try to meet some more people.
On a side note -- Gymboree is having an amazing in-store sale here over President's Day. I went yesterday and walked out with lots of winter items to put back for Arden for next year (bought in larger sizes), and I averaged $4.69 per item! We're talking pants, sweaters, and dresses that retailed at $28-35! They have several racks where everything is $4.99 or under! What a deal! You might want to check out your local Gymboree and see what they have.






2 comments:
I am glad ya'll are settling in. Tim and Nathan are coming up to a basketball game tomorrow, but it will be a quick trip. Maybe one weekend we can all come up and visit. We love that area.
So glad to have an update andhear all is well! We had dinner with the Martin's and Burleson's last night and Anne and Nathalia both asked me if you had updated your blog (I keep everyone in on the Cearley family loop! : ) ). I'll have to be sure and give them the latest update!
Post a Comment