Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Dreaded Exam

Yep . . . it's time for my annual gynecology exam! Got to love it! This is the first time I've had to change doctors' offices in 13 years! I used the same practice in Little Rock (Cornerstone Clinic for Women) for a long time, and they delivered all three of my kids. So, it feels a bit uncomfortable to change doctors.

Tomorrow I meet Dr. Amy Sarver here in Bentonville. How did I find her, you ask? From TLC's "17 Kids and Counting" show about the Dugger family! Yes, I watch that show, and no, I don't want 18 kids. I still find it amazing how they work out the logistics of such a large family, though. Anyway, on the tv special where Michelle Dugger delivers their 18th child, the female OBGYN was interviewed, and I thought, "Hey, she looks nice. If the Duggers trust her, then she must be okay!" (I know, crazy logic, as Stuart would say.) I knew we were moving to this area, so I jotted down her name during the commercial break and filed it away.

So, tomorrow I'm off to meet the Dugger's doctor. It's almost like going to a celebrity doctor (Arkansas version)! And no, I'm not going to have any more children and get my own reality tv show!

4 comments:

Cari said...

Hahaha! That is so funny! When I started reading this I thought, "Oh dear. Where is she headed with this?". I never imagined you would have worked in the Duggar's! That's hilarious!! Good luck tomorrow. And your logic sounds completely normal to me. : )
Oh! Brandon says to tell Stuart hey from him. It's getting close to baseball season. I'm sure Bran will find time to meet up for a game.

Michelle Cearley said...

Maybe, Michelle Dugger will be there at the same time for her post-natal checkup or something! I keep hoping to see the family out and about around here!

Cari said...

One of my best friends from Oklahoma LOVES the Duggar's. She loves them so much she likes to go to the oldest son's car lot just to see if she can see a Duggar!!

Michelle Cearley said...

Too bad . . . got back from the OBGYN appointment with no Dugger sightings! Where's this car lot? ha ha