Here's a fun game for you; I saw this on another blog and decided to play too. How much does your purse really tell about you?? Here are the rules:
1. Post a picture of whatever bag you are carrying as of late. No, you cannot go up to your closet and pull out that cute little purse you used back before you had kids. I want to know what you carried today or the last time you left the house. No cheating!
2. I want to know how much it costs =). And this is not to judge. It is for entertainment purposes only. So, spill it. And, if there is a story to go along with how you obtained it, I'd love to hear it.
3. Tag some friends. And link back to this post so people know why you're showing everyone your bag.
Okay, I'll go first. My purse is a brown Coach signature bag. I only own 3 purses, and I am pretty utilitarian. I usually change bags once per year (warm season/cold season). I go with a lighter straw bag or something more "summery" when it gets time to bring out the sandals and shorts. Other than that, I don't worry about matching, and I usually opt for the brown or black purses which are pretty neutral. However, I favor Coach. I like the classic style and durability.
Inside my purse is the Coach checkbook wallet, my phone, lipstick, keys, emery board, pen, wooden clothespin (?), faculty parking pass, OB, and a Swiss Army knife. Seriously, I get a lot of use out of it, especially the mini-scissors whenever I have a stray thread hanging off my outfit.
Don't judge me by the brand, people!! I am still a bargain-shopping woman, and I got this purse on Ebay! It was "gently used," and I paid $65 for it. If that sounds like a lot to you, then you should price Coach purses at Dillard's, and it was a bargain (that's what I told Stuart). It should last me a couple of years, at which time I'll get on Ebay again and bid on another one.
I think the purse and contents describe me well: classic, "champagne taste on a cheap budget," not a lot of extras, practical, organized, likes to match (note the wallet and purse are both Coach), smart. Okay, maybe it doesn't illustrate that last one!
Be brave--show us your bag!






No comments:
Post a Comment