Hudson is now officially enrolled at Central Park Elementary School in Bentonville for the coming school year! Believe me, it's a big deal to actually get a spot in this school. Owen STILL hasn't gotten in yet. This is our neighborhood school that is top rated and always . . . full. There was online preregistration for kindergarters where over 750 parents all rushed onto the internet and registered in a matter of 2 days to take all the open spots. Then, we had to take our documentation to the local school the next week for official registration.
I waited close to an hour to see the registrar and present my proof of residency to get Hudson officially on a roster for the fall. This seems almost as competitive as getting into a prep school or something. Yes, this is public school where I live. Hudson got the "offical stamp" of approval, and he was presented with a welcome packet, plastic bag tag with the school's name, and finger puppet of an alligator (school mascot for the K-4 school). It was very exciting!
Owen is still not officially in Central Park for third grade yet. I am supposed to call the registrar in mid-April to check on the available openings, but she said it looks promising. It helps Owen that Hudson is officially registered since it moves Owen to the top of the waiting list since he will have a sibling attending the same school. Again, that was one of the reasons we decided that Hudson needed to start kindergarten this year.
Please pray that Owen can get out of the overflow school and back to our zoned school, so he and Hudson can attend the same location next fall! I haven't been thrilled with the overflow school, and it draws from a much lower socioeconomic area, so we have encountered lots of things we never dealt with at Southside!
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I just found your blog...welcome to NWA! I hope everything transitions well for you all. You have a beautiful family.
Post a Comment