I am not a girly mom. I've posted before about how I'm unsure about how to coordinate all these girl outfits, how to use bows, and how to correctly pair leggings with outfits. After living with boys for seven years, I am still learning the girl code.
My little princess just happens to hate bows, so that has become a non-issue! I have tried for eight months to put them in her hair, and she promptly rips them out within ten seconds. The only way I've been able to keep her hair out of her face is to use a very lightweight ponytail elastic and use the "Pebbles" fountain style on top of her head. With her red hair, she definitely gets called Pebbles just about everywhere we go!
Today, I made another faux pas which confirms, yet again, that I am not a girly mom. I dressed Arden for church in a new Gymboree dress. I put tights on underneath, and we were off to church. Upon arriving home, Arden was crawling around on the floor, and I noticed some extra fabric coming out of the front of her dress. I looked more closely, and I couldn't believe what I saw. I pulled on the extra fabric that was bunched up in the front of her dress, and out came a pair of panties! Yes, I sent my child to church with a pair of matching panties still attached to the inside of the new dress! I didn't even know they were in there, and since I'm still adjusting to the whole "girl clothing" thing, I didn't even think to look and see if the dress came with matching bloomers.
So, I hope the nursery workers didn't laugh . . . maybe they didn't notice. I really didn't mean to send my child to church with panties around her neck!
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
OH NO!!!!!! Michelle!!! I'm sorry, that's too funny. I guess I should have warned you. And I bet you look for matching panties with each dress you buy now, huh? What a fun memory!!
Post a Comment