
There it was. In print in my church bulletin. "Parenting Conference with Dr. Kevin Leman." He is coming to MY church! Yes, this is one of my favorite Christian authors whose many books I have read. I laugh all the way through them because his anecdotes are so familiar to my own house, and I can relate so well.
Stuart bought the recent book Have a New Kid by Friday in hardback -- which we never do because I am too frugal. However, it remains unopened. Our kids are too much work and too out of control for us to read a book about how to control them! I think Dr. Leman might change his book title to Have a New Kid by Next Year if he met all three of mine, but the theory is intriguing nonetheless.
Anyway, Dr. Kevin Leman is holding a two day parenting conference at my local church next March 2010. When I reread the date, I was a bit disappointed. That's . . . next year. What I am supposed to do with my kids between now and then. I need help NOW! Okay, so maybe I should read the book he wrote in the interim. Then, maybe I won't be so desperate to attend his conference because my children will be new kids by March 2010.
Then again, I'd better sign up for advance purchase tickets . . . just in case.
Stuart bought the recent book Have a New Kid by Friday in hardback -- which we never do because I am too frugal. However, it remains unopened. Our kids are too much work and too out of control for us to read a book about how to control them! I think Dr. Leman might change his book title to Have a New Kid by Next Year if he met all three of mine, but the theory is intriguing nonetheless.
Anyway, Dr. Kevin Leman is holding a two day parenting conference at my local church next March 2010. When I reread the date, I was a bit disappointed. That's . . . next year. What I am supposed to do with my kids between now and then. I need help NOW! Okay, so maybe I should read the book he wrote in the interim. Then, maybe I won't be so desperate to attend his conference because my children will be new kids by March 2010.
Then again, I'd better sign up for advance purchase tickets . . . just in case.






No comments:
Post a Comment