Monday, July 13, 2009

VBS

This week the boys are attending Vacation Bible School at First Baptist in Bentonville. My local church doesn't do VBS but has a week-long adventure camp in June that is all day from 8-5 at a lake. They offer water activities, archery, a ropes course, derby cars, crafts, etc. Hudson was too young to attend that camp, and Owen was reluctant to go from 8-5 since he is new to the church and didn't want to stay all day by himself. So, we opted to go to First Baptist's VBS instead since both boys could attend from 9-12.

Today was a great day! I am always a bit nervous as I wait for them during the first day of a new activity, as I hope they make friends and have a good time. The theme was Crocodile Dock, and the boys seemed to really enjoy it. The church had over 600 kids attend VBS today, and it was by far the largest VBS program we've ever attended. They are looking forward to going back tomorrow. Arden wasn't too happy that she didn't get to stay with her brothers and was grumpy all morning, so I'm hoping that will improve tomorrow.

No comments: