On Saturday, I turn 39. Just one more year until the big "4-0." Actually, it doesn't really stress me out . . . yet. We'll see how I feel in 364 more days!
Stuart ran out and picked up a chocolate cake at Walmart tonight. Some friends from Cabot are in town visiting us this weekend, so we will eat cake with them on my birthday tommorrow night! What a fun present to visit with dear friends!
After 39 years, I must say that I really like feeling comfortable with who I am.
But I don't like the fact that I really need to exercise.
I like the fact that I don't stress about a bad hair day or a pimple anymore.
But I don't like the fact that I need eye cream.
I like the fact that the name I'm called the most is "mama."
But I don't like the fact that I can't sleep in . . . ever.
I like the fact that I've learned to embrace change and be open to moving where God leads us.
But I still don't like the packing and unpacking.
I like the fact that I am still in contact with friends that date back 30 years.
But I don't like the fact that my feet are now a half size bigger than they were in high school.
I like the fact that I have more patience than in my 20's.
But I don't like the fact that I still lose my cool with my kids from time to time.
I like the fact that I have taught for 16 years now and feel comfortable in my profession.
But I still dread grading that stack of essays when they come in!
I like the fact I'm comfortable with my body image and don't feel the need to change it for anyone.
But I don't like needing mammograms every year from now on out.
I like the fact that I think I'm improving in my faith in God and His sovereignty.
But, I still fail in my faith in so many small things each day.
I thank God for having 39 years; some people don't get this many. In 365 more days, I pray that I can say I loved better, lived more fully, had more faith, and died more to self than I had the year before.






No comments:
Post a Comment