
I got the long-awaited phone call yesterday -- Owen has gotten into Central Park Elementary School here in Bentonville for third grade! He will begin in August, and Hudson will be starting kindergarten at the same campus. This semester, as I've previously posted, Owen has been at an overflow school in the district because there were no second grade spots when we moved at semester.
I'm excited to have the boys be able to attend together and to be in a school that is top-rated. It should also be a lot faster to drive them to school since I won't have to get on any major highways during morning rush hour like I have this semester.
We are so thankful that this has fallen into place, and I am looking forward to volunteering at the school next year and joining the PTO. I haven't done much with the school this semester because it always seemed temporary. Both boys are very excited to attend Central Park, and Owen is glad too. Even though he will have to leave his new friends and start at a new campus, he seems to understand how the school will be better overall. Plus, he will rejoin his current friends from the overflow school in fifth grade when both schools feed into the same middle school.
We're thrilled; thanks for all your prayers regarding the school situation!






1 comment:
I didn't realize you lived in NWA too. :) I live in Fayetteville. I used to nanny for a family in Rogers and had to pick up their son from Central Park every day. Small world! :)
Post a Comment