I have now finished one more week with students, and it completed my first full month back at work (with inservices and meetings for many days prior to students). The boys have had 1 1/2 weeks in their new school, and Arden has finished two weeks in daycare. It is amazing that every single one of us was beginning a new school adventure at the same time! Now we just need Stuart to go back to school, ha!
This week had its ups and downs with Arden, but the rest of the family is adjusting well. The boys love their new school and teachers, and they are coming home with stories about fun things they are learning and new friends that they are meeting. Both of them like the after-school program which they attend for 1 hour until my school releases, and I can drive over to pick them up. They have made friends, and both of them think it's fun to have an extra 30 minutes on the playground and a snack in the cafeteria after school. Thankfully, they don't have to stay there very long. I think they are adjusting well to the school routine.
Arden has had a cold this week, and her regular teacher at her preschool was out sick for three days this week. That made for a rough time for her since she didn't feel great and had different caregivers as subs each day. We had some issues with her being bitten several times this week, but I have talked to the director every day, and it appears to be under more careful supervision now. I have been inspecting her from head-to-toe before I leave with her, since her bites had not been noticed by the teachers. Luckily, yesterday was a good day with no problems. Arden seems to slowly be adjusting to her routine, and she had two good days with waking up without melting down on Thursday and Friday (she's like her mama and is NOT a morning person!). She was happier and less cranky in the evenings during the last two days also, so I am praying that she will soon feel comfortable in the schedule. I am on a waiting list for another preschool that is highly rated and seems like it might be the best one in this area. I actually know someone from church whose son is Arden's exact age and in the class she would be in, and they love it. The mom is also on the board of directors, too. However, she is #31 on the waiting list for her age, and it looks like 12-18 months to get in! It is like that with many childcare centers here.
I do like my job, so that is a blessing. My students are getting in a routine and are very friendly and obedient. I don't have any students that seem to be a handful, and only a few have some academic deficiencies. I am teaching mainly pre-AP (honors) students, and I really enjoy that. I still feel a bit overwhelmed with all the new curriculum, but my lessons are going well. I'd just like to get a few weeks ahead in my planning, so I am not planning day-to-day. I know that will come in time, and if I continue in this job, that would be much easier after the first year. This year, I am teaching all new literature titles that I've never taught before, so I knew it would be a lot more preparation. I'm thankful that I like my time while I am at the school, and the time flies by since I am so busy that I can barely chew for lunch!
We are going to enjoy a calm and quiet weekend at home with the kids, and I don't even think I'll do any cleaning!






No comments:
Post a Comment