I have five days of work behind me for this school year . . . only 188 left to go!
I will post pictures and more details later, but I do want to let you know that I am into the swing of inservice days and surviving! Yes, I'm tired. I haven't had this many days in a row of being up so early in six years! I'm not a morning person. However, once I get up and going, it's fine.
Last week, Roy and Bea Cearley came and graciously agreed to take care of the children on Tuesday through Thursday. Stuart took off a half day of work on Friday while I had meetings until noon. Last week was "new teacher" orientation meetings with all the new faculty from K-12 throughout the district. Most of it was pretty interesting, although I got a bit overloaded by Bloom's taxonomy and brain research. There was quite a bit of theory in some parts. The best day was Thursday when we sat in a real classroom and had a former "teacher of the year" give us all sorts of real-life tips for classroom management and organization. I took away a lot of concrete things to try with this age group, and the teacher was very inspiring.
Today and tomorrow I am meeting with my English team on my campus. I got a lot of useful curriculum information today, and I now know what my focus should be for the first semester. I am still working on decorating my room, although Stuart helped me get all my boxes up there this weekend. Owen tried to help me unpack on Saturday afternoon, but it was really a time when he tried to put all my money in the hall vending machine until it jammed!
Arden's mother's day out teacher from church is keeping the kids this week through Thursday, then Stuart is taking Friday off again. I think everything went well today, and the boys really enjoyed playing with Kristi's girls who are a bit older than Owen. It also helps that Arden knows Kristi as her former teacher, and I'm thankful that the boys can stay in their own home for these two weeks.
Arden begins daycare at Pinecrest Private School next Monday. I am really praying for that transition, and I hope she likes it and does well. Monday will also be Hudson's kindergarten open house! I can't believe he is off to real school already!
So, overall, I think things are going well. It will take a few weeks with students before I feel like I am in a routine, and it will take some adjustment for my energy level to match my schedule. However, I'm not nervous or overwhelmed at this point which is completely amazing considering that I was only hired 2 weeks ago! God has been very good in providing great support with coworkers and new friends, so I feel like I am learning the ropes pretty quickly.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I am so glad that things are going well. I start inservices today so we are back in the swing of things. Just got the boys up and ready before 8:00 for the first time in a long time.
Post a Comment