It's been a rough couple of days. To be honest, I've spent a lot of time thinking that I just made a big mistake by trying to go back to work. And not only that, but I also let my online teaching job go, and since they have never spoken to me after my resignation, it isn't looking too likely that I can get it back. Tensions are running high in the household at this point.
I don't know if I can keep this up. I keep telling myself that it will get easier, but it's hard right now. I love the teaching part. I have a very manageable schedule and only three classes. My students have been attentive and wonderful, and I think the teaching part would be easy next year once I've gone though planning all the new curriculum once. I'm fine when I'm at school, but it's balancing it with home and family. When do working parents find time to cook, clean, go to Walmart, run errands? I spent all day Saturday doing errands and cleaning, so I haven't had any time to rest this weekend. I was cleaning bathrooms at 10 p.m.!
To top it off, Arden got sick on Friday afternoon and came home from daycare with a runny nose and red-rimmed eyes. By that night, she was running a low fever, and she officially has her first cold. Only one week in daycare and already sick! My mind is racing to how often she will get sick and how I only have 9 sick days to take off work to stay home, and we're not even into the winter flu season yet.
I knew these things when I decided to teach, but it has been a hard reality check when Arden has been crying and cranky for pretty much every waking hour since Friday afternoon. I am home from church with her this morning, and she won't let me out of her sight without going into hysterics. I'm thinking that drop-off at her school tomorrow morning will not be a pretty sight.
I'm discouraged. I'm tired. I'm overwhelmed.
I thought I was following God's leading, and I prayed so hard for Him to close this door if it would be a mistake. I thought it was a sign when the job description was changed exactly to how I prayed. Maybe this will get easier after a month or two.
Please pray for my family and this adjustment. I am committed by contract now to the entire school year, and I'm praying this gets easier on all of us.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
I promise it will get easier. You come to figure out what is really important and what really has to get done. I try to remind myself that I need to let some things go a little so I can spend those precious moments with my kids. I know it is especially hard with Arden not feeling well either. I think after 2 years of teaching with children I have finally figured out a routine that will keep my house clean and my family running smoothly. It will come for you all too. I will be praying for you all.
Michelle-
I am so sorry. Last Sunday we talked about how God's will and great difficulty sometimes go hand in hand. I am praying for you!
Hey I saw June and in talking she mentioned your blog so I had to find it b/c I LOVE reading blogs...I am inspired by your searching for God's will and then following it. A lot of the time what God wants us to do is the harder thing (that is how it usually gets looked over) but the most rewarding. Hang in there! I am praying for you!!!Your neighbor, April
Michelle,
Don't doubt what God has already done for you...He gave you a peace that you searched for and opened the door for you to teach. Things will get better and easier. He doesn't always call us to easy tasks, but he will equip us for whatever he calls us to do. Praying for all of you!
PS Can I add you to the blogs I read (on my blog list)?
Thanks for all the encouragement! I hope we can turn a corner with Arden adjusting to daycare by next week. I guess I just assumed that if I was in God's will, it would be easy. Thanks for reminding me that it might not be a mistake after all! Shara, you can most definitely add me to your blog list.
Post a Comment