During this past week, Stuart's best friend and Stuart's father were both diagnosed with cancer. Needless to say, it has been an emotionally draining week for Stuart.
Please pray for them, as their doctors decide the best course of treatment. We are praying that both of them can have a full recovery from this disease. I can't believe how many people that I am close to have been affected by this disease in just the past few years. My own father died of cancer two years ago, and my mother has battled cancer this year. One of my childhood friends lost her mother to breast cancer at the same time that I lost my dad, and now her brother-in-law has pancreatic cancer that is terminal. Stuart has also had another close friend who was in our wedding be diagnosed with cancer and have surgery and chemo this past year. I feel that I am constantly hearing of new cases, and it is so sad. Ironically, both Owen's and Hudson's namesakes were Stuart's two friends who have both been diagnosed this year.
Please pray for Stuart's dad and our close friend, as well as any other people that you know who are battling this disease.
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I am so sorry to hear this.
Post a Comment