Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas . . .



So . . . we survived first semester! The last week of school was so fun but busy. I think the elementary teachers were trying to kill me with all the things that I had to remember to send with my children each day! I was sending sprinkles, graham crackers, money for a formal dinner, a gift for a gift exchange, teacher gifts, and ornaments for the class tree. Then, I had to remember which child had pajama day on a certain day, so that I didn't send the wrong boy to school in pajamas when it wasn't his day to wear them. I literally had to make myself a list of everything to send to school with the boys each day and what they were to wear; it was crazy! They had a fantastic final week, and Hudson loved "The Polar Express" themed activities that his kindergarten class did. Arden's class each got wrapped toys which were donated by a local vendor, and she came home with the cutest stuffed animal to play with.

We went to Camden for three days this week to do Christmas with Stuart's family. The children really enjoyed playing with their cousins who had come in from Ohio. We hadn't seen them much this year, and the kids love playing together. It is so sweet to see my teenage cousins play with my preschooler and actually enjoy it! The one full day that we were there had wonderful, mild weather, so the kids enjoyed playing outside and throwing the football around. Arden got a wagon ride, and no one even had to wear coats!

When we returned to Bentonville, there were reports of inclement weather brewing, and we are supposedly getting several inches of snow tonight on Christmas Eve. However, the weather caused my mother to cancel her plans of driving here today since she was afraid to take a chance with the impending snow. So, we will be here alone this Christmas, but at least we will have plenty to do inside. I think Stuart bought all the snacks that Walmart sells, and a cake is baking in the oven right now, and I'm trying to get a few more goodies made today.

We brought in the play kitchen out of the garage today (the one I bought her last month on Craigslist) and put it in Arden's room for her Christmas present. She loves it, and so does Hudson. They have spent a better part of today fixing up all sorts of meals and bringing them to me. Their favorite item to use in the kitchen is a Melissa and Doug Stir Fry set of wooden vegetables with a wok. It was one of Arden's gifts that she opened in Camden. I guess they have inherited my love for Chinese food already!

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if we wake up to a white Christmas, but I know I'm glad to be home to enjoy whatever the weather may be. Merry CHRISTmas to you and your family!

No comments: